My Car Was Wrecked In An Accident And The Other Driver’s Insurance Isn’t Offering Me Full Value. What Can I Do?

by Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC on June 9, 2010

in NY Insurance Issues

If you are involved in a car accident in the City of Buffalo and the other driver was at fault, you should, under ideal circumstances, be reimbursed for the damage to your car by the other driver’s insurance.  It is not unusual, however, for insurance companies to offer less than you may feel you are entitled to.  If this happens, there are a few avenues you can explore to receive full compensation.

First, if you have collision coverage through your own insurance, you can check with your insurance carrier to see to what extent they will compensate you.  Your carrier may ask you to pay your deductible and later seek to recover that payment from the insurance carrier for the car that collided with you.

Second, you do have a right to file a lawsuit against the insurance company if they do not compensate you for what you think you are entitled to. If you choose to pursue this course of action, make sure you have evidence to support your claim of damages.  Such evidence may include repair bills, estimates, photographs of the damage and the police report.

If you have been involved in an automobile accident and need legal advice, please feel free to call my office at 716-542-5444.

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment